How did you learn programming? I mean, you started somewhere ... where? And why?
- BASIC on my own, because i bought a Sinclair ZX81
- Pascal was in the curriculum
- C was in the curriculum, and then from a book to write an assembler for Zilog Z8
- Assembler Z8 from a book and using a hardware emulator
- C++ from books and colleagues
- Perl from books and the Internet
Then I changed into system and network administration. I program only occasionally these days.
@hagen A Wang half adder computer. Had to load the operating system and program code with a strip of paper tape into a tape reader. If you made a mistake making your paper strip then you had to cover the errant hole with a piece of paper. Code was obviously machine code.
@jujube wow 😮
This instance is (hopefully) about art, creativity, critical thinking, fun, travel, camping, renovation, coding and diy.